Admission Requirements for Various Programmes
For the Bachelor of Engineering degrees, students can be admitted into either the 100 or 200 levels of the 5-year programmes.
For admission into level 100, Candidates must obtained an acceptable score in UTME and Post UTME in addition to minimum of credits level passes at SSCE or GCE (O LEVEL) in five subjects that include; English, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry in not more than 2 sittings.
For admission into level 200, one of the following requirements must be satisfied:
- Passes in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry at GCA (A level) or equivalent.
- Overall credit level pass at National Diploma (ND) in the relevant discipline and distinction passes in three subjects including Mathematics.
- Credit level passes in relevant subjects including Mathematics at Higher National Diploma (HND).
SPECIAL ADMISSION (Three–Year Programme): Candidates with HND in relevant subjects, having obtained a minimum of Upper Credit are admitted into Level 300.
Duration of the Programme
The minimum duration of the programmed is five academic sessions for candidates who enter with Senior Secondary School Certificate or GCE ‘O’ Level or equivalent qualifications. Candidates admitted under Direct Entry and special entry will spend a minimum of four and three academic sessions respectively provided that they satisfy all the other University requirements
For admission into Postgraduate Diploma in Electrical Engineering (PGDEE), Candidates must acquire either
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with at least lower credit pass or
- B.Sc., B.Eng., or B.Tech. degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with at least Third class in addition to:
- Satisfied University matriculation requirement
For admission into the Master of Engineering degree in Electrical Engineering, candidates must hold:
- A First Class, a Second Class (Upper Division) or a good Second Class (Lower Division) degree with CGPA not below 2.75 on a scale of 0.00 – 5.00 provided University matriculation requirement is satisfied.
- A good postgraduate diploma with CGPA of 3.00 and above from Bayero University and a minimum CGPA of 3.50 from any other recognized University provided matriculation requirements of Bayero University Kano is satisfied.
For admission into the Doctor of Philosophy degree in Electrical Engineering, candidates must hold:
- A Master degree of Bayero University or any recognized University in the relevant area with a CGPA of at least 4.00 and a thesis of at least a grade B or 60%.
- An outline of the proposed research to be undertaken by the candidate
- Satisfied University matriculation requirement.