For the Bachelor of Engineering degrees, students can be admitted into either the 100 or 200 levels of the 5-year programs.
For admission into level 100, Candidates must obtained an acceptable score in UTME and Post UTME in addition to minimum of credits level passes at SSCE or GCE (O LEVEL) in five subjects that include; English, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry in not more than 2 sittings.
For admission into level 200, one of the following requirements must be satisfied:
- Passes in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry at GCA (A level) or equivalent.
- Overall credit level pass at National Diploma (ND) in the relevant discipline and distinction passes in three subjects including Mathematics.
- Credit level passes in relevant subjects including Mathematics at Higher National Diploma (HND).
SPECIAL ADMISSION (Three–Year Program): Candidates with HND in relevant subjects, having obtained a minimum of Upper Credit are admitted into Level 300.
Duration of the Programme
The minimum duration of the programmed is five academic sessions for candidates who admitted based-on Senior Secondary School Certificate or GCE ‘O’ Level or equivalent qualifications. Candidates admitted under Direct Entry and special entry will spend a minimum of four and three academic sessions respectively. This is provided that they satisfy all the other requirements
For admission into Postgraduate Diploma in Chemical Engineering (PGDCE), Candidates must acquire either
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in Chemical Engineering with at least lower credit pass or
- B.Sc., B.Eng., or B.Tech. degree in Chemical Engineering with at least Third class in addition to:
- Satisfied University matriculation requirement.