The main entry point into the programme is the Senior Secondary School Certificate or GCE O’level or its equivalent. Candidates must satisfy all University entry requirements plus passes at credit in at least five subjects (including Mathematics, English, Chemistry, and Physics) all obtained at not more than two sittings.
B.Eng. Level 100
Admission into Level 100 requires, in addition to the above, an acceptable performance in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) in the relevant subjects which include Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English Language and an acceptable pass in the BUK post-UTME examination.
B.Eng Level 200 (Direct Entry)
Candidates who apply for direct entry are admitted into Level 200, provided they satisfy one or more of the following requirements in addition to the above general requirements.
- They have at least three passes in subjects including Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry at GCE ‘A’ Level.
- They have a National Diploma in Agricultural Engineering with a minimum of Upper credit plus:
- Relevant credits at ‘O’ Level, or
- Grade A in WAEC – Technical or City and Guilds
B.Eng Level 300
SPECIAL ADMISSION (Three–Year Programme):Candidates with HND in relevant subjects, having obtained a minimum of Upper Credit are admitted into Level 300.
English Language Requirements
The following are acceptable as fulfilling the English Language requirement apart from ‘O’ level credit pass except where otherwise stated in departmental requirements.
- NCE English language
- Credit/merit pass in Teachers’ Grade II English language
- General paper at the HSC or GCE ‘A’ level for Direct Entry only.
Duration of the Programme
The minimum duration of the programmed is five academic sessions for candidates who enter with Senior Secondary School Certificate or GCE ‘O’ Level or equivalent qualifications. Candidates admitted under Direct Entry and special entry will spend a minimum of four and three academic sessions respectively provided that they satisfy all the other University requirements